I know all knows about this, but still some newcomers of our institute don't know, what is DC++ and how to install and configure DC++ in their PC.
Motivating all new students :
"DC++" is a file sharing software. File sharing ?? File sharing means anything that you can download from your friends computer without a pen drive but you need a LAN or WiFi connection (No Internet connection required). You can download and share files like Movies, Songs, Photos.
This is a simple tutorial. Not all the functionality of DC++ is covered. Let's start !!
So how to use this amazing service??
1. Download a software DC++.
2. Install it on your computer. Then open it.
You can see a screen like this. If not go to File->Setting. Fill all your personal information. (Real/ Fake depends on you.)
3. Then go to file -> setting. Click on Sharing. Click on Add Folder.
4. Add some folders which you want to share like Movies, Videos, Documents, Softwares, Mp3, anything that you want to share with your friend. (Warning: Don't share any personal files!!)
5. Then Click 'OK'. Then indexing will start. That means your files are going to be shared now.
6. You can view the progress of sharing your file by going to view->Indexing Progress.
6. Now Click on File --> Quick Connect . Enter IP Address 192.168.192.168 to connect to the centralised hub.
7. Now if you want to download a movie called "Satyagraha", then go to View --> Search and input your file name i.e. "Satyagraha" in the search bar. You will get some result. Right click on any one file and download.
8. There are many more functionality of DC++. You will come to know gradually.